my big family

my big family
1 Family

Friday, February 11, 2011

Morning Surprise

     Today at 10am I received a call. It's from the school. My first reaction was to see Takeuchi-san and take the whole day leave. First thing that comes in my mind, something happened to my eldest son; Tuah. He has asthma and been having a light attack in the past week. But, my panic become anger when it was his English teacher who had call. Jeng..jeng..jeng.. ( for a better effect )
    Before hand, I would like to say that I am proud of my 1st born. His been in an emotional turmoil since the past 3 years. If any of you don't believe me, try saying something bad about her late mother, either u received a yell, or a punch or at least a silent cry. Never ever do that to my son. This is a warning from a loving father. Though without a mother he grows, stubborn as he is, he listened to me, and always say " I love you, big abah." 
   Early this year, he did a test at school and he was up grade to a better class. From Musytari to Bumi. From a 'C' class to a 'B' class. He will undergo UPSR this year. ( feels old when your children grow so fast ) So this class really ( today I knew ) observant, hence the call this morning.
   It was a call from his English teacher. She told me that Tuah didn't do his homework. He was given the work before Chinese New Year started. Till now there was no sign of it. Of course, I was shocked. Why? Because his been doing his homework after coming back from tuition at 10pm. He did his homework under my supervision until finished. Math, BM, Science and even Arabic, but no English. After the call this morning I just noticed it. The teacher told me, he didn't even bring his English book. His excuse was he forgot to bring the book. (that was my excuse when i was in school..hehehe..)
   I promise the good teacher that I will make sure that he'll done his homework by Monday. Tonight even. Before the weekend starts. I appreciate her call, say thanks, hope that she will call again and press the red end button on my phone. I couldn't help myself but smile. How many teacher do you know will do that to your children? Beginning to like this school more and more. A panic, turns to anger, then to an appreciation to Tuah's English teacher. Should ask her name just now. (will ask Tuah tonight)
   Tuah is a good boy. Love him so much. Lately I talk to him like an adult. No more yelling and threaten him with the 'rotan'. So, tonight I will do the same. A 'slow talk'. One on one. I know why he didn't do his work. He felt that his English is good enough, and there's no need to do the extra work. Tonight hopefully he will do his work accordingly. I can't blame him. This year, his schedule is so demanding. Morning 7.20am - 1.20pm, SRK, evening SRA 2.30pm - 5.30pm and at night, extra class 8.00pm - 10.00pm. Pity him, but that what it takes to be a better person. He went through all this with lots of nonstop talking and lots of nonstop smile.
   There's a lot more about Tuah that I didn't write in here, cause there's a lot. I hope he can withstand what his going through. For a 12 years old his been through a lot. If you ever see him, if he did a or some mistake, give him a bit of slack. He deserved it...

1 comment:

  1. good things will come to those who waits.....great leaders are made so to speak..
    Brother,our life are equal...we have to much sorrow but we don't back down.In our child we seek redemptions and comforts.Who doesn't know what a good wife was Siti?Laughter,smiles,funny and loving mother....Who wouldn't wish for a wife like that...You are fortunate to have THE soulmate.
    I pity people who have everything but at the end actually have nothing.We have nothing but eventually we have everything!You have done a tremendous job.Taking over,and raising 3.We are sent here to make good deeds.and,good deeds are paid well....God tests good people with the tests that eventually saves them....I have no words to describe your patience.believe me,you are not alone...You have great friends..

    take care,my metal militia!

    ReplyDelete