my big family

my big family
1 Family

Friday, March 4, 2011

Our Story : Chapter 7 : 1st Break Up.

1st Break up

As months goes by, she was happy. I was not. She got accepted a position as a stewardess. She was 19 years old. Everybody was happy and proud for her. She cannot wait to tell me the great news. I was shocked and doesn’t like it one bit. She will be exposed to a fast life and will meet a better man than me.

She will leave me, and so I thought. It’s the most difficult, regretful and the dumbest decision I made. I broke up with her. To my stupid logical explanation, before she dumped me, might as well I dumped her first. From my stupid point of view, she will be surrounded with far more good looking men than I. she will meet tall dark and handsome people, for I have nothing. That was a black day. I cannot even remember the exact date. I wronged her. I, for the first time, hurt someone. Her heart broke to a millon pieces. She didn’t cry out loud, but her eyes was leaking and her teardrops streamed down her cheek.

What I knew, after I dumped her she went back crying and told her mum that I don’t love her anymore. That’s when she got wild, she became a rebel. Just to forget about me. She went on and took the job with MAS. We lost contact after that. I have gone through life as normal as can be. I took my STPM in 1992. The result was not too shabby, it was average. I work and further my study at F.I.T., wanting to be an architect. The college was cheap; furthermore, my friends went to the same college, Amran and Tish. It was almost a year I never saw or heard any news about Siti. Not a single word.

In 1993, I already have a bike. I have a driving license. I went to college and I work part time in tumble tots. One day, out of the blue, around 9pm in the month of August, I received a call. It was her, the one and only who had a crushed on me, in 1986; Siti Azura.

The early year of nineties, hand phone was not yet own by everyone. We either used the public phone or house phone, provided by Telekom. Almost every house had one, and the numbers seldom changed, but only on special request or if the provider (Telekom) have to change it for various reason. My house number had changed previously (from 4567193 to 4518980) after I broke up with Siti. It was not intentionally, it was just an upgrade. We want to have a ‘call waiting’ service on our house phone. Many times people called but the line was busy. So, a total change of number was made for that single service.

My late wife was a persistent lady. If she wants something she will try her best to get it. My house phone was listed, in a very big thick book of phone directory. Siti, remembered my father’s name, so with that, she searched the big heavy book. She memorized the number but was afraid to call me at first. She intended to just say hi, and want to know how I am doing. (She also want to know either I was missing her or not because she was….so much)

Siti went on accepting the job she was offered. She was a stewardess. She learned a lot and from here and she becomes an adult. Like a flower blooming, she learned so many things. She learned to speak English better than me (when we were dating before, she doesn’t like me to speak to her in English), grooming and of course socializing.

After I broke up with her, she dated many men. She date men like she change her own cloth. She went on a rampage, and she socialize as most of the socialize stewardesses do. I cannot elaborate more than I could, but I think you got the point. Don’t ask me because I will not tell. Suffice to say, what I wrote before “been there, done that” type of lady is all true. This ‘adventure’ she’s been through made me love and care for her more, because she actually fragile, for me all that made her whole, made her who she was after, made her a better person…

But still, it was I who should be blamed for what happened to her…
1993

1992




...to be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment