my big family

my big family
1 Family

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A detour – the missing Link


As many of you know, I befriend with my late wife when we were sixteen, thus there was many memories between us, good and bad. I remembered the 1st time she came for Hari Raya, timid and beautiful. She came alone. We were seventeen. I was surprised when she came, didn’t expect her to come. We were at that time (I thought) just friends, but as I told you in the previous chapter she had a big crush on me. Half an hour later she was gone. She invited me to go out with her but I declined. My reason? I was tired and in need sleep. Yes, people, I am an idiot.

            Jump 4 years later I was in love with her. On her birthday I was sick though, and I guess as her lover I should celebrate with her but I couldn’t. I had the chicken pox, so I asked my friend Elinna to buy a soft toy and twenty one buds of roses and send it to her office. It made her day. After work she went back and cooks porridge for me and brought it to my house.
           
            She always come to Ampang, but not my house exactly, but near by, and she will called me on a public phone and I will come to her. We went for a “teh tarik” for hours, and every hour I asked her to go home, because she came with her mother motor bike, and she had no license. Sometime I sent her back and got home with a cab.

            At every birthday and anniversary, I will write her a poem, before and after marriage. Once I did not write because the wedding anniversary card had it own poem. The gift it self was expensive, a golden bracelet, it was our 5th wedding anniversary. She cried when she saw the bracelet, and when she look at the card she, she got angry and ask me “where is my poem? I don’t care about the gift, every time you write me a poem, and that is the most precious to me…”

            Right there and then I wrote her a poem, and she cried again because she made me recited the poem in front of her parents. I was bashful, but I am happy when I saw her tears in her eyes, the spark in it, the way she looked at me, I know I am her champion, who won her heart.

            The point of this entrée was not meant to brag. I have seen relationship breaking down between friends and colleagues, families and foes. My personal advice is you have to maintain the spark. What you did while courting and wooing your partner, like buying flowers, opening doors, holding hands and even a peek on a cheek for no reason at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment